Car Camping??

 I had a VERY sketchy hotel experience last week, followed by another very sketchy hotel experience a few days later in a hotel I trusted and was familiar with. 


The first one had a two way mirror right over the bed. I should have known better. I booked in a notoriously crap area of town. 


The second one was an adjoining room and the guest in the room that adjoined mine tried to break in through the adjoining door.


So last week I napped in my car during the 3 hour “layover” between getting off my travel job and going to my staff job. And I loved it! I did some research and measurements and discovered that if I lay the second and third row seats down (and take out both car seats), I have enough space to comfortably fit a twin mattress. The seats all lay totally flat too, so no weird gaps or bumps to work around.






I set it up Sunday and it’s amazing! I haven’t slept in it officially yet, but I’m excited to try it out. The next step is getting a generator so that I can use an electric blanket to keep warm in winter, and some window covers and extra lighting. Probably a mirror too - I’ve found the mirrors in my car to be challenging and small for adequate makeup application. I already have a few battery packs which I charge on the drive and use to charge my phone, watch, and lights while I nap so that my car doesn’t have to stay running constantly. 


There’s a chain gym across the street from the hospital that I’m a member at, so I do have the option to shower there and catch a quick workout and some wifi if needed. 


Now all that is left to do is find somewhere to camp and test it out! I might have a chance on Saturday to nap before a shift, but I am DYING to try it out on a real camp site!! 

Comments

Popular Posts